Steel Moon Publishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steel Moon Publishing

What evil lurks in the heart of man? I don't know, let's rip one out and see.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marketing.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Smith
Admin
Mr.Smith

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:05 pm

[/b]This one is where Johnson can do her thing.[b]
Back to top Go down
https://smpmp.forumotion.net
monika basile

monika basile

Number of posts : 22

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:43 pm

peg do your thing with quietly crazy cuz you seem to do your thing so well
Back to top Go down
peg
Admin
peg

Number of posts : 45

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:13 am

Mr.Smith wrote:
[/b]This one is where Johnson can do her thing.[b]
Then I better get off my butt and do something shouldn't I ?

I'm doing some newspaper research now. Maybe USA today..they go everywhere!
Anyway I'll get ur dun!
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 23

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:59 am

Peggy, you are doing a great job. It must just be the way I write stuff, cuz places just tend to ignore my ass. Look at Ingram. I sent three and nothing. You sent one and they did it. Suspect
Back to top Go down
peg
Admin
peg

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Pete wrote:
Peggy, you are doing a great job. It must just be the way I write stuff, cuz places just tend to ignore my ass. Look at Ingram. I sent three and nothing. You sent one and they did it. Suspect

Naw.. thy are just women hee hee...Smile I been busy researching and time gets away from me. Hey at least Cats in space is listed now.. for some orders alien
Back to top Go down
peg
Admin
peg

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:56 pm

peg wrote:
Pete wrote:

Naw.. thy are just women hee hee...Smile I been busy researching and time gets away from me. Hey at least Cats in space is listed now.. for some orders alien

New idea. Love stories..lets find magazine..like True Romance things like that
Aliens..
ufo magazine. Print magazines. Cats magazine for cats in space. ads under 50.
Lets research magazine.. give me names of any you know I'll get prices. That way they are for sale a month at a time and folks usually keep those magazines.
got any mag names guy?
Back to top Go down
KristiStokes

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:20 am

peg wrote:
peg wrote:
Pete wrote:

New idea. Love stories..lets find magazine..like True Romance things like that
Aliens..
ufo magazine. Print magazines. Cats magazine for cats in space. ads under 50.
Lets research magazine.. give me names of any you know I'll get prices. That way they are for sale a month at a time and folks usually keep those magazines.
got any mag names guy?

I have a name for my book! What about getting an ad in MOMSENSE MAGAZINE for my book? It's a MOPS magazine aimed at Christian moms, which is what my story is about. Laughing Oh, I like this one too. cyclops I'm not sure why I would use that one, but it's great.

ETA: The website is http://www.mops.org/
Back to top Go down
KristiStokes

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:26 am

Okay. Holy crap. I just went to check out how much advertising is with them. You've got to see this so you know I'm not exaggerating! http://www.cti-advertising.com/files/publicationfiles/momsense5_super_lowres.pdf

It costs between $3000 and $6000! And no, I didn't forget a period in there! Who can afford that!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Mr.Smith
Admin
Mr.Smith

Number of posts : 19

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:29 am

Perhaps Peggy will share what the cost of a New York Times book review is.
Back to top Go down
https://smpmp.forumotion.net
peg
Admin
peg

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:22 am

Mr.Smith wrote:
Perhaps Peggy will share what the cost of a New York Times book review is.
$30,000.00 per review LOLOL....
Back to top Go down
KristiStokes

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 am

affraid $30,000?? Wow.
Back to top Go down
peg
Admin
peg

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:37 am

KristiStokes wrote:
affraid $30,000?? Wow.
It didn't make sense to me either..maybe its to get a review and then a good review...and then to have it printed..they have several levels depending on how many people you wish to reach..I was amazed. You should go to their site..it'll freak ya out Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 23

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:31 pm

While officially we only give out a copy or two to the authors, I have a sneaky idea that it would be in our best interest to give the writers a "substantial" stock. This would help promote book signings, self marketing and who the hell knows what. As it is out of my pocket we will see how it goes. Peggy, you bought a bunch of your own for self marketing. Was it worth it? LOL Your answer will help me decide how many copies to send to people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marketing..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marketing.....   Marketing..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marketing.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steel Moon Publishing :: Marketing-
Jump to: