Steel Moon Publishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steel Moon Publishing

What evil lurks in the heart of man? I don't know, let's rip one out and see.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scorpion Singles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete

Pete

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:59 am

Scorpion Singles

“A buck for the duck.”

Introducing Scorpion Singles…
It has come to our attention there is a vacant “black hole” between being published at an E-Zine and full blown Novel Publication. Scorpion Singles is being created to address this. At one time (in days of yore) you purchased vinyl records. The 33 1/3 version was large and contained a dozen songs. The 45 was a single, featuring a top single (and one other on the back). Scorpion Singles is that 45, resurrected in the literary field. (Pocket Sized 4x6)

What it is:

A short term commitment (six month) renewable by agreement and minimum sales of 25 copies.

A platform for stories between 5,000 and 20,000 words.

A platform for hard copy e-zine publication.

A quality book with custom cover and format.

Available for sale at Steel Moon Bookstore, Amazon and Lulu.

What it is not:

It is not ISBN assigned.

It is not marketed through major distribution and Mortar and Brick.

It is not for book length novels.

It is not high cost. It costs the author nothing and is print on demand. A small inventory will be kept for Amazon sales.

The motto: “A buck for the duck.” The cost of printing will have a dollar added to it. This will be its selling price or MSR. This dollar will be split between author and Steel Moon.

Submissions: Will go through Steel Moon email with Scorpion Signature in the subject line.

Last edited by Pete on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peg
Admin
peg

Number of posts : 45

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:05 am

Hey, I like it! I should have did that with a few of my short stories instead of putting them all in one book..duh on me. I'll pass the word! alien
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:46 pm

Back to top Go down
peg
Admin
peg

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:17 pm

okay!! cool, now to find one of mine worth playing with Smile
hmmmm. Sounds like a scarey tale you guys...song of the sea Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Originally published way back when, at Ragged Edge Publishing - the e-zine.
Back to top Go down
monika basile

monika basile

Number of posts : 22

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:30 pm

that was my first piece evevevevevevevevverrrrrr to be published. that was my big break.

and i think it will always be my favorite.

hey pete, do you think anyone who ever read that realized i knew nothing about fishing boats and how they worked or even how people fish on fishing boats? i always wondered about that because i never did any research to figure out how it really goes, it was just what i imagined it woudl be like, or how captain sally told me it was.

and peg, do not tell anyone that

i do trememndous amounts of research just to find out about things i am curious about but i have only researched one single time to actually write with. QC--hypertrofic cardiomyopathy.

pete i am emailing again in a sec to ask you something
Back to top Go down
Mr.Smith
Admin
Mr.Smith

Number of posts : 19

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:32 pm

On Sale Here A de-evolution in publishing. But who knows?
Back to top Go down
https://smpmp.forumotion.net
peg
Admin
peg

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:58 am

cool, hey why does it say closed in flaming letters? cause its a week end? Are you running away from home?
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:10 am

If It is being watched to process orders immediately, then it is open. If it is a weekend or everyone asleep, then it is "closed" and any orders placed will be handled the next day. People can still look and order, but it won't be acknowleged until next day.
Back to top Go down
peg
Admin
peg

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:33 am

alien I figured it was the week end. Slower than slime everywhere today Smile
Back to top Go down
peg
Admin
peg

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 5:13 pm

so.. is it really 10+ bucks o buy persannal ride? hmmm, I'm confused..I wanna buy some for my kids, am I doing it wrong?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Smith
Admin
Mr.Smith

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Peggy. No. It is not ten bucks. Authors get them at cost. You have been sent access data. Shocked

Monika...the samples came in and you have been sent one of each for review.
Back to top Go down
monika basile

monika basile

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Can not wait definately!!!!!!! how long does it take to get here?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Smith
Admin
Mr.Smith

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Media Mail. Depends on how fast a dog they tape it to. My guess is seven (7) days.
Back to top Go down
monika basile

monika basile

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:00 pm

now that's damn funny!!! if it's a dog like mine then he will run like wild for two blocks and then wait for you to come get him because he's too tired to walk himself. let's hope not or it might be years
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scorpion Singles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Singles   Scorpion Singles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Singles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steel Moon Publishing :: Steel Moon Publishing-
Jump to: